The WPPA board has been meeting frequently to discuss all possible paths for our league this season. Our goal is to provide some form of baseball and softball for families this Spring and Summer, but it will not be done without the utmost confidence of safety and health for our kids and families. There is no room for compromise here. We also recognize every family will have a varying degree of comfort with ‘a return to normal’ at that point in which the government and health care community lifts “Stay At Home” and gathering restrictions. As a result, WPPA is going to provide the following options for this season which will allow you to align to your family’s needs and wishes.
- Option 1: Hope to play this season. Your player(s) will continue to be enrolled in the 2020 WPPA Spring season. If we can formulate some sort of season that starts before July 15, your player(s) will be included in that plan. If we do have to cancel the season due to ongoing COVID-19 concerns, your player(s) will automatically have a spot reserved in the appropriate WPPA division for the 2021 Spring season. Your 2020 registration fees will be rolled over into the 2021 WPPA Spring season if you do not request a refund or make them a donation to WPPA.
- Note that all originally planned game schedules are going to be removed from the WPPA site in order to eliminate game and practice reminders. This is not an indication that the season has been eliminated.
- Option 2: Opt-out of the 2020 Spring Season. This option is if you do not wish your player(s) to participate in the 2020 Spring season. You will be guaranteed a spot as a “Returning Player” in the 2021 Spring season. By selecting this option, you have 3 additional choices:
- Donate your 2020 registration fees to WPPA. All fees will be donated to support the ongoing operations of WPPA and your donation will be fully tax deductible.
- Roll-over of your 2020 registration fees into the WPPA 2021 Spring season. Your fees will be used to pay for your player(s) registration for the 2021 spring season.
- Refund of your WPPA 2020 registration fees. You may receive a refund of your paid registration fees. These refunds will be processed as quickly as possible, but understand it is a manual process and make take a few weeks to show up in your account.