Regular registration for 2020 Summer Baseball and 2020 Summer Softball is now closed.
FALL BASEBALL 8U-14U CANCELLED
Due to the quarantine and the spring/summer season being pushed back, we have changed our schedule for this year. We will NOT be hosting a Fall Baseball league as in past years. Instead, we will host a single summer/fall season following the same house-league structure as our traditional spring/summer season. Teams are going to start practicing soon and games expect to start around August 1, and run through playoffs mid-October.
Fall Girls' SOFTBALL Registration - NOW OPEN
WPPA will host a Fall Girl's Softball league with games scheduled September and October. Registration is now open and can be accessed via WPPA's new website, www.wppachicago.org. Please visit our new website to register for 2020 Fall Softball.
Fall High School Baseball Registration - NOW OPEN
WPPA is launching it's first Fall High School Baseball league this year for players born between September 1, 2001 and August 31, 2005. Registration is now open and can be accessed via WPPA's new website, www.wppachicago.org. Please visit our new website to register for 2020 Fall High School Baseball.
* * * * *
Stay and Play with WPPA in 2020 - Waiver and Hold Harmless Forms - SELECT YOUR PLAYER'S DIVISION BELOW
Please review the information below and confirm your decision to stay and play with WPPA in 2020 by completing and accepting the online Waiver and Hold Harmless Form when prompted.
- “WPPA Safe Play Guidelines” are AVAILABLE HERE and must be read and understood. This version is for practices only and will be updated for game play once all regulations are understood from the CDC and the government. The updated version will be available ahead of the resumption of games.
- A waiver must be signed for each player. If you have multiple players, please register a waiver for each player in the appropriate division below.
WELLES PARK PARENTS ASSOCIATION
WAIVER OF LIABILITY AND HOLD HARMLESS FORM
FOR YOUTH BASEBALL AND SOFTBALL
Voluntarily and of my own free will and in consideration of my registration for participation in the above referenced program I, on behalf of myself and any minor child/children for whom I have the capacity to contract, hereby acknowledge and agree to the following:
1. My child/ward is in good health and has my full permission to participate in the Welles Park Parents Association (“WPPA”) Baseball and Softball program (the “Program”). My child/ward has no existing or prior sickness, illness, disease or bodily injury that is contradictory to participation. I fully understand that baseball/softball is a contact sport and that physical injury may occur during the course of participation. I further understand the hazards of the novel coronavirus (“COVID-19”) and am familiar with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (“CDC”) guidelines regarding COVID-19, as well as the latest guidelines from the State of Illinois. I further understand, have read and will abide by the WPPA’s resumption of play guidelines available on the WPPA website. I acknowledge and understand that the circumstances regarding COVID-19 are changing from day to day and that, accordingly, the CDC, Illinois and WPPA guidelines may be regularly modified and updated, and I accept full responsibility for familiarizing myself with the most recent updates. Notwithstanding the risks noted above, which I readily acknowledge, I hereby willingly choose to participate and to have my child/ward participate in the Program. I hereby release, discharge and relinquish the WPPA, its teams, coaches, field directors, managers, umpires, sponsors, Board of Directors, officers, volunteers, or others connected to the association (the “Releasees”) of and from all claims, demands, actions and cause of action of any sort, for any injuries sustained by me or my child/ward for injuries sustained by me or my child in practice, game play or while being transported to or from the Program.
2. I shall hold harmless the Releasees from and against any and all losses or expenses of any nature whatsoever, arising from or out of, or relating to, directly or indirectly, any injury or illness in connection with me or my child/ward’s participation in the Program.
3. It is my express intent that this Waiver of Liability and Hold Harmless Form shall bind any assigns and representatives. I HEREBY KNOWINGLY AND VOLUNTARILY WAIVE ANY RIGHT TO A JURY TRIAL OF ANY DISPUTE ARISING IN CONNECTION WITH THIS AGREEMENT. I ACKNOWLEDGE THAT THIS WAIVER WAS EXPRESSLY NEGOTIATED AND IS A MATERIAL INDUCEMENT FOR THE PERMISSION GRANTED BY RELEASEES TO PARTICIPATE IN THE PROGRAM.
4. Furthermore, in the event of illness or injury to me or my child/ward during the Program, I hereby give consent for the performance of such diagnostic, medical and/or surgical treatment on me or my child as may be deemed medically necessary in order to assure the safety of me or my child. I agree that I will not hold any doctor, nurse, team, coach, or league official responsible for the consequences of any voluntary medical or first-aid treatment administered to me or my child as a result of any injury sustained in connection with the Program.